Bears and Whales
Viewing the Black Bear in its natural habitat is best viewed on a boat tours, as they are often present on the shores when tides are low. If you see any wild bears as you are walking or driving in your car please do not get close to get a better view.
The majestic giants that rule to waters are a must see when visiting. Thankfully most of the bear watching charters also take you through the whale viewing hotspots. Here are some local businesses that can help make sure you see the beautiful wildlife of British Columbia.
- Archipelago Cruises (Tel: (250) 726-8289 Website: www.archipelagocruises.com)
- Beachcomber Ocean Tours (Tel: (250) 726-8921 Website: www.wildedgewhales.com)
- Hello Nature Kayak (Tel: (250) 726-2035 Website: www.hellonature.ca)
- Jamie’s Whaling Station (Tel: (250) 726-7444 Website: www.jamies.com)
- Subtidal Adventures (Tel: (250) 726-7336 Website: www.subtidaladventures.com)